The Elkader Childcare and Learning Center provides a program based on the developmental philosophy that children learn best through play. Children are encouraged to problem solve, make decisions, learn self-help skills, and think creatively as they exchange ideas in an organized manner.
- Encourage independence
- Develop an interest and joy for learning
- Develop self-expression and creativity
- Develop self-control
- Develop responsibility
- Develop kindergarten readiness skills
- Learn to play with other children
- Become familiar with a group setting
- Develop security and a feeling of success
The centers environment and activities have been designed to be developmentally appropriate to the ages of children served. Through our daily curriculum, we will provide many opportunities for your child’s development through large and fine motor play, creative play, music, crafts, educational activities, and much more.